Tuesday, February 23, 2010

As I begin this Homeopathic Journey I thought it best to set up the "vacation rule". You know the one, when someone takes an exotic vacation and they want to show you the 200+ pics they took of every flora and fauna and fat butt on beach. You want to run away and organize your socks. I have that same reaction mentally when I think of my fellow students who want to tell me about their mother-in-laws 10 year old ailment- or their own woes with whatever personal illness. We need to set a standard/agreement that we won't share personal cases or ailments with the whole group and expect us all to want to help by taking the homeopathic case. That would be completely counter-productive to a beginning study group.
However, having set up that rule, I need to break it by giving some sort of background as to how I started on this journey that has led me here, 17 years later. Having 3 children brings you quite a share of illnesses, and ailments to deal with. My oldest son in particular was difficult medically. Not horrible, but certainly a challenge. When he was 9 months old, he had tubes put in his ears due to constant ear infections. We tried everything traditional medicine offered. ENT's, Antibiotics, the whole bit. To no avail. At my sister's suggestions, I tried a tincture of Garlic/ Mullein drops for his ears. This worked like a charm! Amazed, I started looking into homeopathy not really realizing at the time that herbal tinctures really aren't homeopathic. I found remedies that worked on a lot of things, and we were off. I have had great success treating: sore throats, allergies, injured animals, nose bleeds, smashed fingers, sore muscles, bronchitis, strep throat, coughs, food poisoning, diarrhea, menstrual problems, nervousness, dizziness, migraines, stomach aches, headaches, vision issues, and on and on.
There are things that Homeopathy has NOT done for us, but that is why I call this a journey and not a trip. We are still moving toward better health. I am still a student after 17 years of study.
I invite you to find out more about Homeopathy, try it out. The wonderful thing is that it works, it is rather inexpensive, there are little or most often, NO side effects, and it is so safe that babies can take remedies. Please join me as I chronicle this experience I am about to embark upon. I start a Homeopathic Study Group and am excited, anxious to get started and unsure as to HOW to get all this information into one hour a week without overwhelming the students. Say a prayer for me. God bless you!!! ~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment